Adding wapka about author page to footer
You just visited a website or blog and the authors says drop your website for review lol i believe in that occasion you know what will happen trust me almost 80% of the dropped URLs may likely be a blog instead of website or vise versa.
I wasn't thinking about this initially not until few hours before putting up this post a friend was asking me the difference between the two so it became a topic idea for me since that simply open up that many people will probably lie still in his shoes if not properly explained in details .
I won't bridge too far in writing about this but with my little and brief inscription you should be able to differentiate between a blog and a website.
In a simply definition a website is contains both pages and blog while a blog is a blog (don't get muddled am coming up with emphasis )
A good example of websites are in general all hosting webpages I.e sites that offers hosting plans are all called website and not blogs e.g DomainKing.ng, Bluehost.com and many more and when you visit such websites inside them there are blogs area where they only discuss the site related issues with other blog posts this is why we say a website is the combination of both blogs and pages.
A typical example of blogs are all webpages designed via blogger.com e.g kingsweb.com.ng , Zealmat.com, nairatrace.com,mylyricals.ga, etc they are all blog not websites they can also contain pages inside them but they are not websites.
Most of the web building platforms don't support websites but only blogs e.g blogger.com, mywapblog.com etc they are specially designed websites through which blogs can be built.
while the best platform to build websites is WordPress because it contains almost all the tools and themes needed to build any type of website e.g online store, Analytics websites , business websites and many more and that's why organisations and companies need it CU's it looks more proffesional in websites building.
Building a website requires Codding skills such as php, ajax, CSS, HTML /XML etc but when building a blog it is self organised. therefore if you are a poor coder you can look forward to having a blog not a website
How to Identify Blogs from Websites
Check the Layout
A website and blog is simply differentiated by their layout . a blog always come with image thumbnails, titles and descriptions mainly on the homepage
A website consist of many webpages such as about us , customer supports , subscription link, payment portal, contact page, and many more pages such as the pages that contain the blog section of the website.
Having red the above you should be able to know at this junction that
- A blog is more easy and less expensive to set up than a website .
- A website is mostly used by organisations and companies because it looks profesional in its kind.
- Blogs has almost all the niches than websites e.g tech, entertainment, tutorials, niches are mostly created using blog
- If you don't have Codding knowledge blog is the best platform for you
- Cresting websites is not done from every host but the best platform for building websites is WordPress while blogger is nice for blog but WordPress can do both blog and Website
- Any chat site, e-commmerce site , is a website e.g konga.com, jumia.com , Facebook.com, twitter.com, etc
- Forum pages were users are allowed to create topics such as nairaland is a website not a blog
- Any webpage on the internet where blogs and websites can be hosted is a website e.g wapka.com, blogger.com, mywapblog.com, WordPress.com etc < /ul>
Where is the money Located Blog or website
The money is located on both based on the way you manage yours .Linda ikeji is on blog yet she makes money , seun is on website and he makes money, the owner of popular Jobberman is making money from his website , Ogbongeblog is on blog and yet he makes money. I think that should be able to convince you that the both have the money but the problem is try to manage which one you venture to yield the money
From now on you should be able to know wither you are having a blog or website as for me am having a blog.
Meet me on facebook
If you love this post share it!